Friday, June 26, 2009

Victory-ness!

In my previous blog-post you read that I was struggling with a devastating battle of being called to give up a certain sin for Christ (a matter of illegally downloaded material). Well, those of you who follow my podcast (Christianese Radio) already know about this, but to those that don't follow the show: Victory was accomplished through the Divine Intervention of God. I continuously prayed that God would make me give up the sin, because that was the only way it was going to happen because I knew I wasn't strong enough to give it up. And He answered the prayer! One night a couple weeks ago I was recording a rather depressing episode of Christianese Radio. Meanwhile, outside my bedroom door my dog kept whimpering really loudly. After a few moments I exploded with rage, stormed out of the bedroom, and smacked the dog on the back. But suddenly... it kinda felt as if someone had slapped me on the brain. It was a very strange sensation, feeling like I suddenly just... woke up. I came to my senses. With fists squeezed tightly and a glare and snarl of determination directed at Satan and his demons, but also my "old man" (as Paul puts it), I stormed into my room, took up the "Sword of the Spirit" and slayed the Sin.

Silly, but in order to keep me in high spirits as I removed the illegal downloads from my computer, I listened to Vangelis' "Chariots of Fire" theme. Of course, this theme has been so cheesily over-used for dumb things, but I've always loved it, and it's always motivated me and excited me.

So, within an hour, the Sin was defeated. Christ prevailed once again. And I am very happy to report that ever since I did that my connection with God has been reconnected, and I am now deeper into Biblical teachings and Theology than I ever have been.

Thank you all for your prayers! They worked! And if I stop blogging suddenly you'll know that I have been arrested :)

Praise God for His Faithfulness!

No comments: