Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Stumbling Period

Argh. Going through a stumbling period in my Faith. I've drifted back into being a lukewarm Christian. And I'm sure a lot of that is because I still haven't brought myself to give up the stumbling block that God has called me to give up. I read God's Word reluctantly. I praise God reluctantly. I pray reluctantly. I feel so disconnected and it's my own fault. I know what I need to do, but I cower behind a facade of defenses. I can only pray that God gives me the strength to do what must be done. I ask for your prayers, too. Why can't I bring myself to give up this thing that is hurting my relationship with God? And the reason is: I can't. Only the grace of Christ through me can defeat this obstacle. I can do all things through Christ who's strength is within me. I admit the way I'm talking sounds dramatic, but it is all truely written from my very real thoughts in this very real
circumstance. Pray for me.

No comments: