Sunday, March 29, 2009

My True Calling?

I may have found my true calling... But before that, I think I've come to the realization that I've been wasting tons of money for the last couple of years on barbershop-haircuts.

Seriously, though, my hair is like... like Harry Potter's hair (at least as I remember it being "depicted" in the books). I will go to get it cut short and in less than a week and a half to two weeks I will be back to having mop-head. And it's only gotten worse because of how the economy is now, prices are going up. I remember when haircuts used to be $8.00 at the barbershop near me. In less than three years, the price almost doubled at $14.00. Now, of course that's better than what most barbershops charge nowadays, but still, it adds up. You can imagine how much money I lost over my dang hair.

Anyways, so I was just getting tired of both the money AND my hair, so I thought What the heck? I'm gonna cut my own hair. We still had an electric razor from the old days when my mom or oldest sister would cut my hair. So I dug it out--Ooh! But first, rather than walking into it blindly, I actually googled "How to cut your own hair". From there I actually found a couple helpful tips, plus a video of a guy cutting his own hair. So after reading and watching how to cut your own hair, I went into the bathroom, dug out the razor, got out the hair-clippers, and went to work.

30 minutes later... It was done! And I have to say that I am really happy with it. It looks virtually the same as when the barber does it. I ran into a couple of problems that had some small consequences, however. The "biggest" one being that I didn't have a handheld mirror so I had to sort of "go by th
e touch" with the back of my head. I got a little vigorous... or... rigorous.... whichever word it is--and way overshaved two areas on either side. BUT I was able to sort of mask it by doing some touch-up shaving with my regular, face-shaving razor. The mistake is somewhat noticeable, but it's nowhere near as bad as it could have been for a first time. So... It feels great to have found a money sa--okay that's just nasty... my dog just... let one fly... and it was one of those soft-whispery pooooof ones... those are usually the deadliest---anyhoo! It's nice to have found a money-saving thing to do. This, by the way, is the result (it looks like the bottoms of my eyelids are red and my eyes themselves are pink, but this is not so, it's just weird lighting):


So, not to bad, eh?

No comments: