Friday, March 27, 2009

Last Night's Nightmare... "Pet Cemetery" Much?

Last night I had probably one of the most disturbing nightmares I have ever had in my entire life... so far. It has pretty much been bothering me all day to the point where I couldn't eat several times today because I just kept thinking about how disturbing it was. And I feel bad because it drags a friend of mine into it as well as someone very close to him.

Basically the dream centered around a friend of mine who lost his wife recently to cancer--right away we can thank God that she was a Follower of Christ. Basically what happened is that he somehow found a device or something, I'm not quite sure what it was exactly, but whatever it was, when he attached it to the body of his wife who passed away, her body was re-animated. It acted like her, it talked like her, it was practically her... except that somewhere deep down inside I knew it wasn't quite her. And it was disturbing. It felt very much like what I would assume it would feel like if some how in real life a dead body was re-animated. A body with no soul. So that, in itself, was disturbing. But then it got worse.

She began to decay as the day went on. All I can say was, it was awful. And she kept wanting to hug me, too.
Eventually it got to the point where I just kept avoiding her... it... altogether. Even now it's giving me shivers.

So that's basically it. Now, I haven't seen Pet Cemetery, but from what I know about it... that
sounds pretty dang close. You'd think I watched the movie the night before or something, but I can assure you I did not. I didn't even think about the dang movie!

So, there's my nightmare. Take it. Have it. Please! I mean it! I don't want to think about it any longer. (She's probably looking down at me right now laughing, if... people in Heaven even do that. That could be another of those heresies we're so good at coming up with).

All I know is that I would like to scrub my brain with a wire brush so that I can get this puking nightmare out of my head.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like Frankenweenie for humans.

Chris